Friday, November 10, 2017

[Meta] Busy Weekends During NaNo

- start -

First and foremost, huge thanks to any and all who have been following along this year. I hope you have enjoyed my weird ideas and rusty prose.

This weekend I will be attending a West Coast Swing Dance Convention. These events typically keep me pretty busy, as well as fairly draining.

Due to this, this weekend may get a little bit fuzzy, post wise. Last year this specific weekend put me behind, and I didnt recover.

This year, I am not going to let that happen. In that regard, I have prepared for a few different situations:

----

Option 1: Section off some "writing" time during the convention, and attempt to proceed as normal.

There is a potential time slot to do this with, but I fear this might be too optimistic.

Option 2: Ehile there is a lot of "busy" time during conventions, there is also a lot of time spent just waiting around.

I could use these little slots of time to work incrementely on each post - this seems like the most balanced option.

Option 3: Hold off on writing this weekend, but section off the weekend after as "make up" days. I would post two stories on those days rather than just one.

I'm worried about how this might disrupt my energy and end up putting me in the "trying to catch up" death spiral just like last year.

----

So, all that said, here is my plan:

I will attempt Option 1 today. If it works well, I will do it again tomorrow, with a mix of Option 2 to help balance.

If today doesnt work out at all, I will make an announcement in lieu of a post, both to keep you all informed and to hold myself accountable.

Again, thank you for your support so far - this has been my best attempt and no matter what happens I will be carrying this to the end.

- end -

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Disclaimer

All stories posted here are without editing.

In the spirit of NaNoWriMo I will be keeping myself in the mindset of "only creating." This means that these stories will be prone to typos, grammatical errors, and possible plotholes.

This is not the final draft of these stories by any stretch of the imagination. Thank you for reading regardless.